Gone for two weeks

Jun 3, 2013
Seattle WA
My neighbor just gave me a Easy Set 10' pool. I think of this as a jumbo kiddy pool. It is only two feet deep. It comes with a pump and cartridge filter. He only used the pool once. Filter and pump have never been used. I have read the Guide to Seasonal/Temporary Pools and found it to be very helpful. I feel like between that and other articles on this site I have an approximate idea of how I am going to procede to keep my water clear and sanitary all summer. The only problem is for about two weeks in late June I am going to be out of town. Is it worth it to get the pool up an running for two weeks then leave for two weeks. What will happen to my pH and FC while the pool is covered and unused for two weeks?

Thanks, I hope I have given enough information. Let me know if something more is needed.

It is very hard to get a pool to make it more than 5-7 days without chemical additions, is there anyone that you could get to dose it possible with pre-measured amounts of bleach or even Cal-Hypo dry powder chlorine 2 or 3 times while you are gone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.