Yukon, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I think my housing o-ring is bad since my pump is leaking out the bottom. There is only a clamp holding the pump together (no bolts). I can't find what o-ring to buy anywhere! Can someone help find what o-ring I need for this motor?

Brand Name, Part No, Century Stock No, HP, RPM, Volts, Frame Size, Phase, Motor Type, Frequency, Enclosure
A.O. Smith, B848, B2848, 1.0, 3450, 230/115, Y56Y, 1, CX, 60, ODP

Thanks!

Probably 95% of the time when water is coming from what looks like the bottom of the pump it's the shaft seal that's leaking. Unless you're sure it's the casing o-ring I'd get the go-kit for your pump.

Unfortunately the info your give is for the motor and tells you nothing about the pump, which is what you're going to have to know in order to get parts for it. If you can't find anything on the pump, post some pictures of it and maybe someone will recognize it.

Reactions: csn
dkellerd said:
Ok, thanks! Ill get some numbers off the pump tomorrow an maybe I can find a go-kit with the correct numbers...

I just saw this. As Dave said, the shaft seal is your culprit - but you source that by pump identification, not by motor identification.
So, you'll need to state what pump you have to figure out what shaft seal you have.
For example, my 3/4" shaft uses a standard PS-201 Buna rubber seal (Pentair P/N 37400-0027S) and, the upsell would be a Viton PS3868 (Pentair P/N 37400-0028S).
By sourcing trade sizes, instead of Pentair part numbers, I can get the Viton seal for about 1/2 the price of the Buna (aka Nitrile) rubber seal at pool stores.
Details here.
13233871.jpg

Also...I thought releasing that silver clamp would allow me to remove the motor from the pump housing...evidently I need to take off the screws too? Or am I not pulling hard enough...

Getting closer! Can I take this to Leslie's and get a correct replacement? I have a pool party supposed to happen this weekend...so i'm in a bit of a rush...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If replacing with a US Seal brand seal you would need a "PS-200", this is a common brand of seals sold at most pool stores. When you get inside you'll probably at least want to replace the o-ring on the diffuser also as they tend to loose shape and stretch over time.

Side tip: Also when you go to remove the impeller there is a screw in the middle of it going into the shaft of the motor. This is a reverse thread screw. The impeller itself is threaded to the shaft of the motor with standard threads.

I already removed my seals...that pic above is of my actual seal. :) I'll ask for a PS-200 seal tomorrow at Leslie's then...it looks like some online kits were selling an AS-200 seal for this model pump?

JamesW said:
You should probably get a lid O-ring and a housing O-ring at the same time if you haven't changed those in a while.
http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... .php?id=23

Just a friendly bit of cost advice...

You can vastly lower the cost of those o-rings and seals if you take the advice of sourcing by trade size.
Today, for example, I sourced my Sta-Rite (aka Pentair) Max-e-glas II Pool Pump seal by part number and by trade size.
Look at the wide divergence of prices, for the same thing!
So, my advice to you is to pay around $10 to $15 for your replacement seal; and pay about $1 to $5 for the o-rings (sourced by trade size).
13246095.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.