Fist Intex pool, just a question?

Jun 2, 2013
Massachusetts
This is the first time we have bought a intex pool, it's only about 3Feet deep. The filtration system is a 637R. Sorry if my questions seems dumb, but how long am I suppose to run the filtration system especially for the first time? Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your quick response. It's only a 10x30. I researched it, and what I came up with was 4-6hrs, but now since it's raining over here, should I let it run longer before the next use of the pool? Like I said this is my first time having a pool with a pump and chemicals. Thank you again The actual model number is 637r.

I put a huge chlorine puck in it last night, I had to cut it up so it would fit in the tiny container that I bought for the pool, I assume that I will have to redo the chlorine once the weather gets better or do I have to keep constantly putting it in until the rain stops?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, but those test cost more than my sons pool...lol. I know that Ocean State has a test kit like that for $14.00, I'll try that, I know it's probably not going to give me the best result because of the price, but, I can't afford 70-90 bucks just for a 10x30 pool that cost $45.00..lol Although I would save on the water bill, I don't want to keep dumping out the water either. UGHHH :-(

If you don't want to spend much money, and since your pool is very small in volume, I would look at getting a 2-way drop based test. Most stores have them for under 10 bucks. It has a drop based Total chlorine test and the ph test all on one fixture. That test will get you by if you follow this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

Then if the pool does get out of control, I would dump it and start over.

Ah, missed the size of the pool :hammer:

The 6-way HTH from Walmart would get you almost everything ... but again with the size of the pool, not sure how important it is to be testing CH.
pH, TA, FC, and CYA are still pretty important.

Or just test for pH and TC and try to track the CYA based on what you add. IF the pool heads downhill ... just start over.

It's ok, thank you, I seen one of those test kits, I'll pick one up. Like I said, it's small, but I really don't want to be dumping water every other day, it may be small, but the water bill does add up. I appreciate this thank you. Once our weather gets better, I'll just start all over, I may be better off since there is pollen galore and the weather has been either raining or cool, sunny and windy! :rant: :blah:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.