New Intex ultra fram w/swg and sand filter help with chems

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
So i just finished setting up pool (18 x9 x 52) yesterday added 115 lbs of salt and let the filter run for 24 hours without turning on the SWG like the directions say. But I didnt add the cyanuric acid. I dont know if i should have added it when i added the salt? if i add it today do i need to leave the swg off still and run filter another 24 hours? :?: Also I read some where in this forum about muratc acid for ph :?:

Re: New Intex ultra fram w/swg and sand filter help with ch

Chlorine is the single most important thing to get into your pool. Can you test for it? Is the SWG generating?

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

I don't have an SWG, but seems to me you can get the CYA in a sock and hang it in front of a return now. Use pool calculator to see how much - I think you target 70 for SWG.

What test kit do you have? Pretty sure you can test for chlorine anytime after you've had an hour or so of good circulation, but with a simple OTO test you will max out at 5 on the tester. If you have an FAS-DPD test (which is highly recommended) you can test FC and CC to any level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.