after pool opening, de and debris in pool return

Jul 8, 2008
Hi,

I replaced my filter last year. I had the same company open the pool. While opening the pool, they made a couple of mistakes which I figured out. Yesterday I vacuumed my pool (to waste) for the first time this year. I noticed small debris coming out of the returns. afterwards I backwashed the pool and DE started coming out of the return jets. This morning i had to vacuum again, I noticed small debris again. A little afraid to backwash.

my guess is there's a hole in the one of the filter panels or they were installed incorrectly. thoughts?

tia

I started experiencing the same problem late last year. After noticing a few small tears in sime grids, I replaced all of them just this weekend when I opened the pool. The water is now clear, except for some sediment at the bottom. When I backwash and re-load with DE, white clouds come out of the return jets. What was your issue/remedy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.