How long do chemicals last?

May 5, 2013
Memphis, TN
Great site for a newbie! Converted to BBB this year and it has been a remarkable experience.

How long should I expect the chemicals to stay in the pool? By that I mean how long should I expect to go before I need to add anything? The SWG takes care of the chlorine, and salt doesn't evaporate. But what about the Calcium Chloride (CH), Baking Soda (TA), Muratic Acid (PH), CYA? Can I expect any or all of them to become depleated (or dilluted from rain) to the point of needing to add more? Thanks!

FC = 4
CC = 0
PH = 7.6
TA = 80
CH = 300
CYA = 60
salt = 3200
79 degree water

PH tends to move around. With a SWG it usually goes up in preference to going down, so you may be adding acid regularly.

TA and CH tend to go down over the course of the season, though in some areas they go up. These movements are usually slow and fairly consistent. How much of an issue this is varies by region.

CYA and salt almost always go down over the course of the season. Generally you only need to adjust them once a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.