? for Dolphin Premier Owners

cy

Jun 2, 2013
I recently purchase the Dolphin Premier and used it for the first time yesterday, after having spent the last week opening the pool for the summer. The bag filter picked up a lot of dead algae and also leaves which had either gotten in under the cover or were there when I closed it. So, I was pretty happy with it's ability to pick collect that stuff.

I noticed that it did not spend very much time in the shallow end of the pool and did not seem to climb walls as I expected it to do. However, when I first put it in the pool it actually climbed the steps, so I am assuming that the walls should not be an issue.

I would guess that the "floats" on the handle would need to be adjusted to fine tune the cleaner. Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the floats or other issues they could share? I know it's a privately branded product and their isn't much info on the net, so I was hoping to get some insight from other users. Also, does anyone have any experience with the technical support from either Maytronics or Pool Express?

Thanks.

Two things come to mind. First, if it has picked up a lot of debris it will no longer climb the walls. When there are a lot of leaves we often have to run it twice, once to pick up the bulk of the debris and then again to climb the walls and get everywhere. Second, adding or removing floats can make a large difference. It takes some experimentation sometimes, but is certainly worth a try.

Finally, spending less time in the shallow end is normal. As long as it gets there occasionally you are fine. The cleaning cycle is longer than it would otherwise have to be to insure that it has time to get to the shallow end several times, even though it spends most if it's time repeating the same spots in the deep end over and over.

Ran several cycles yesterday and observed the following. It does not get to the middle 1/3 of the shallow end much at all. I adjusted the float on the "light" side of the unit as suggested in the troubleshooting guide, which seems to help it get out of the deep end. Seems to do the sides of the shallow end OK. I have only observed it climbing to the waterline in the shallow end of the pool once. It will not climb a 90 degree after climbing the slope in the deep end. It does well on the slopes, but when it tries to go up the 90 it will fall back down, always towards the "heavy" side of the unit. Troubleshooting guide says maybe algae on the walls, but I scrubbed the walls before starting the unit. Also spends a lot of time between the two corners of the deep end, where the slope meets the 90 degree wall.

Any advise on solving these issues would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.