Replace Hayward Dial a flo 733

mpnret

May 27, 2013
NJ
I am redoing some of my 25 year old pool plumbing and find it necessary to replace my Hayward 733 Dial a Flo 3 way diverter valve. Of course the first thing I find out is that the same exact one is no longer available. Are there other good valves ,such as Jandy, that do the exact same thing. My current valve has a 4 settings: full port 1 (bottom drain), full port 2 (skimmer), 1/2 each port and off. The replacement valves I have been looking at seem to have port 1, port 2, or both (wide open I think). I am not sure the replacements have 1/2 port 1 and 1/2 port 2 as does the Hayward. Or at least I think the Hayward does by looking at the label on the valve. I haven't opened it up to verify it is actually opening each port 1/2 way. Also I read another post somewhere where someone complained the off setting on replacements was not a total off like on the Hayward. Any thoughts?

I'm no expert on this at all, but the diverter valves I've seen are continuously variable from port 1 open to both open to the port 2 open. I haven't seen one that turned both off. If you needed this add a ball valve on the supply port.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.