2-speed pump compability with Jandy Aqualink controller

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed recently. I need advice on a 2-speed pump.

My 10 yr old 2hp single speed pump is leaking at the seal and looks to be on it's deathbed.

I live in a relatively low-cost electricity district ~ .14/kwh (imperial irrigation district, southern california). I thought about a variable speed but the excellent analysis by mas98 among others convinced me the ROI is low.

Therefore I am looking at buying a 2-speed but I am wondering about programming compabitibility with an older Jandy Aqualink OneTouch (I would guess about 6-10 yrs old). The interface looks like this: http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... Touch.aspx

Are there issues with connecting a 2-speed to a Jandy Aqualink and being able to program separate low and high speed run times?

Can you recommend any specific models? My pool is 13,000 sq feet with a raised waterfall spa, ie the returns are split 50/50 to the spa and pool right now. Will the low speed be able to overcome gravity and return to the spa?

As you can tell I'm a newbie. Any and all advice is graciously accepted. I would be hiring this out to a pro. I'm not comfortable with electricity.

Pretty sure you'll need to confirm the firmware revision on the aqualink and cross check with Jandy/zodiac. You should be able to open the panel, unscrew the control board and see the revision letter on the back of the board. Cut the power to the entire subpanel before attempting FYI.

Also... Some boards are upgradable via a new chip. Chips are available on eBay as well. I haven't attempted or needed to, so you mileage my vary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.