liquid chlorinator

hank59

Silver Supporter
May 24, 2013
Considering adding an automatic liquid chlorinator. Looked around online, checked out the Liquidator. Can anyone tell me the price? No dealers in my area. Also found one called the Dynachlor Pool Chlorinator. It installs in-line before the pump and draws the chlorine directly from the container. Does anyone have any experience with this chlorinator?

Here's an update. Decided to go with the Metchlor Caddy. Been running it about two weeks now and so far it works really well. Been testing the chlorine everyday and it's holding fine. It works in tandem with a timer I mounted in the shed (runs on electric with a battery backup). It came with a barbed fitting for a hose that attaches to the pump inlet to restrict the flow to increase suction (only for AGP's, same problem I saw with the liquidator). But I'm hard piped with a ball valve under the skimmer, so I only needed to closed it very slightly and it works fine. It will mount to the top of any bucket or take it right out of a carboy with unit mounted to a post or something, then to the drain plug on the pump. I put mine on a 5gal. bucket with a refillable lid. The instructions have a recommended time to run unit based on pool size and 12.5% lq but there's some tweaking. I run it 5min. in the morning (16oz for my pool according to the pool calc.) and I give it a bump for another minute in the evening. A little pricey at $234 including shipping but so far it works great, set it and forget it (though I'm still checking it constantly) too soon to know if there'll be any problems if any.

Attachments

• P210713_17.56.jpg
    P210713_17.56.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 467
I've been running this thing since mid July and so far it has worked flawlessly. You just need to figure out the dosing. The timer has 2 settings, A&B. Setting A allows you to dose 1-4 times daily, but each dose must be the same duration. For my 18'rd using 12.5%LQ, I'll either let it run for 4min. in the morning right after the pump comes on, or I'll have it run 4 times for a minute each time, spread out during the day. Setting B allows you to give another bump either daily, every other day, 3rd, 4th, day etc. If you want to add more because of a stretch of hot weather or a pool party it takes literally seconds to change any settings once you learn how to use the timer. Although you need the timer you have the option to buy without it, it's just an Orbit sprinkler timer you can get at HD or Lowes, but I'm not sure if it would be cheaper that way. If you have an AGP with a short amount of head, you will need to restrict the flow, just like some people needed to do with the Liquidator (see my previous post). The timer needs to be protected from the weather so there was some digging involved, in my case to the shed where I have an outlet inside. The other expenses I had was a roll of thermostat wire, a couple of bullet connectors, pvc conduit to go from the timer in the shed to the unit by the pool and a 5ga bucket with refillable lid, bought mine here http://www.bestcontainers.com/ezstplcoandl.html. or you can try Amazon. I fill the bucket every 3weeks and so far it has worked consistently without any issues. I haven't needed to shock and have been algae free. :whoot: I would definitely recommend this unit. If you decide to order one and have any questions, a better way to contact them is " [email protected] " or you can call them direct at
613 852 3171.
Hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.