Doughboy Beaded Liner Install...HELP!

Dani

May 20, 2013
Long Island, New York
We are in the final stages of completing our 16 x 24 X 52 oval Doughboy pool. Pool was built "by the book" and everything is tight, level and beautiful. However, when we installed the Beaded Liner, we noticed that the liner was especially tight and was not hanging flush against the pool sides (it kind of looks like this -> / ) I have never worked with a beaded liner so I went onto the internet to reserch the liner. All I could find was a few articles saying to use a shop vac to suck out the excess air between the sides and the liner itself, as well as, making sure the liner is "warmed" by the sun" and install on a moderatly warm day (it was 90 degrees yesterday). We have a small shop vac and that did seem to help a little bit. We plan to borrow a larger shop vac to continue the process today. The liner currently has about 6" of water in the bottom, again suggestions found on the internet, to help smooth out the wrinkles. We got into the pool and did this gently by using our feet. There isn't one wrinkle now but we still seem to have quite a bit of space between the wall and the pool. Again, we plan on adding the bigger shop vac today to continue the process. All serial/part numbers match. The size is correct on the liners box.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? I have never seen or heard of a liner doing this before, but I've never used a beaded liner in past pools...ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your liner will stretch into place as you fill the pool. Once night comes, if the pool isn't full, shut the water off and resume the next day so the sun can warm the liner and the water can stretch the liner. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.