Loud pump

Jun 2, 2013
I have a noisy pentair WFE 28 and was hoping to replace the motor. When I tried to disassemble one of the 4 long bolts snapped. There was a lot of corrosion on other bolts. It's a 7 year old 30k inground A & S gunite pool. Looks like I need to replace pump. Seven years seems pretty good life span for NJ's weather. Recommend using same pump $600 or is there a better pump for the money? Looks like the Pentair whisprflo has many versions w/ similar model #s as well. Full rated, uprated...was the dif besides cost?

Welcome to TFP!

We almost always recommend that people go for a two-speed or variable speed pump when it comes time to replace. This is because these types of pumps are much more economical when it comes to electricity consumption.

We have several experts who can advise you on your pump selection. Pentair comes very highly recommended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.