new liner - startup chemicals

Jun 2, 2013
We had a new liner installed on Thursday; the pool people came back on Friday to make the cutouts. They told us to fill the pool and said they will return on Monday to add startup chemicals. Is that too long to wait? (Today is Sunday). There is white powdery looking stuff all over the liner already and we don't want to damage the liner by letting it sit too long without the correct chemicals. I would go to a local pool store with a sample of the water and add chemicals on my own but I'm afraid that if there are any problems with the liner, the pool company will say it is my fault if I add my own chemicals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I wouldn't risk voiding the pool people's warranty on the liner over this issue. Sure, it would be nice if they were more cooperative, but I'd settle for them telling me what they planned on adding for chemicals on Monday. As you've seen reading the forums just about any problem can be undone short of too much CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.