Polaris 280 hose constantly tangling

dickeystorm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2010
Lake Jackson, TX
My older polaris 280 is constantly getting tangled, see pic. Is this a sign that the hose is worn out and needs replacement? In a previous post someone suggested laying the hose in the sun to relax it, that didn't work. I also noticed after replacing the sweep hose that the sweep hose doesn't move as much as it used too even with the valve full open. The speed was also slower and it is getting stuck in corners more. My rpm's are a little low but I haven't figured out how to adjust. I removed the blue restricter plate at the wall socket and that has helped the speed. The backup function rockets half way across the pool now. :eek: How much torque should I expect from the drive wheels?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• Kinked polaris hose.jpg
    Kinked polaris hose.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 70
I used to have the same issue, and my problem ended up being that my hose was too long. The Polaris's hose should be long enough to reach the farthest wall of the pool, and no longer. I ended up cutting off about 3 feet from the hose, and it doesn't tangle any more. Just don't take off too much at first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.