Salty taste.

kyle11

May 17, 2012
I had some people over this past week and a few of them says the water tastes a little salty but didn't think anything about it because they were all a little intoxicated. My wife had a friend of hers over yesterday afternoon and they said the same thing. I can taste it a little but not like what they described. My SWG says salt is at 3100-3200, it changes some days but has been around that since I last added salt 4 weeks ago. Is this normal? I have some salt test strips but I have never used them and from reading don't think they are very accurate.

I'd check it with the strips. Your cell could be reading incorrectly.

Some people are more sensitive to the taste as well.

Perfectly normal.

"Your pool tastes a little salty, Kyle."

A couple of responses would work.

Response #1

"Yes, I have a saltwater pool. There is salt in the water because of this."

Response #2

"Then quit peeing in my pool."

:mrgreen:

Ok thanks. That was my response " Well it is a salt water pool". I just wanted to check after 4 people said it tasted more salty than other salt water pools they have been in. I will check it with the strips to see how far they differ.

I have had salt levels over 4200 at times and no one ever complained of it tasting salty. But then maybe my friends are smart enough to not drink from the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.