rbielefeld's pool build

Rain delays! But, the plumbing is done and the conduit for the electric going to the fiber optic illuminators is in place as are the pipes to carry the fiber optic lights and their cables. Pressure test of the plumbing showed no leaks. Yes! Tomorrow we move on to grading and installing the coping stones. I will post some pics once my camera battery is charged. Cheers, Ron

Dry fit the coping and boulders today and did some rough grading. Tomorrow we mortar the coping in place and do the final grading.

85.jpg

86.jpg

This is really fun to watch. You know, it's so cool that you have built your pool around existing landscaping. I mean, when you fill your pool, you already have instantly beautiful, luscious landscape whereas most of us have bareness all around and struggle to get that beauty.

Most of the work on the pool today centered around cleaning up last bit of construction debris and grading the area surrounding the pool. Tomorrow the coping will be permanantly fixed in place, the auto water leveler will be installed, and the back part of the fence will be finished. We set the fence posts today as well. Plan on connecting all the pumps, filter, etc. on Wednesday, cleaning out the shell on Thursday, and acid washing it early Friday. Late morning Friday the plaster people will be here to put the final finish on. The end is now in sight. Yes! :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got the auto water leveler installed, wired all the equipment to the control box, and set the coping today. All that is left is to clean out the shell, acid wash it, and have the guys put the final finish on. That will be Friday if the weather cooperates. We will be having the decking installed in a few weeks (Stamped concrete) and I will be installing a waterfall some time in September. I am having a local company called Perfect Pool Fill do the water fill for me. They will use my well water, but based on a some testing they did they will hook up the appropriate filters and conditioners to make sure the water is good and I will not have any problems. They have been in business for 16 years and have a good reputation. So, my water should be in good shape to start. Can't wait to take that first plunge! 8)

Well after a ton of praying the rain stayed away this morning and the final finish went on. Take a look. Tomorrow morning is acid wash and start to fill! I think I am going to cry. My friend and I basically built this pool in under a month. Still need to get the deck in and the fence finished, but hey, we will be swimming in a few days. :cheers:

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

Hey Ron,
Could you and your buds come finish my pool for me? I'll pay top dollar at this point, and Oh Yeah, bring your anti-rain dancer!

No, really, your progress is great! And it looks teriffic!
Best of LUCK!

Dave

Thanks for the compliments. The pool finish is being acid washed as I type and the fill will begin momentarily. I have to wait two weeks before I can add salt for my SWCG so I will be adding bleach manually until then as well as getting the water balanced overall. My kids are walking around the house with their swim suits on. I bet they will sleep in them tonight! Ah, to be a kid again. Well, come to think of it, I guess that is a major part of my motivation for doing the project in the first place. It keep me young. Ron

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.