weird_tolkienish_f said:
257WbyMag said:
Did it just start sounding loud or has it always been this way?

I didn't notice it in 2011, in 2012 I noticed it was loud and now it seems to be whining. I'm reading online that it could be bearings or just old.

It's a Hayward pump.

Just wondering what options do I have?
Post a youtube video of it running, see what the pros think.

The good news is, if it's just the motor, you don't need to cut pipes. I changed my dead motor in place.

Richard320 said:
weird_tolkienish_f said:
257WbyMag said:
Did it just start sounding loud or has it always been this way?

I didn't notice it in 2011, in 2012 I noticed it was loud and now it seems to be whining. I'm reading online that it could be bearings or just old.

It's a Hayward pump.

Just wondering what options do I have?
Post a youtube video of it running, see what the pros think.

The good news is, if it's just the motor, you don't need to cut pipes. I changed my dead motor in place.

Here goes:

noisy filter

Sounds as if the bearings are worn out. Are you getting good pressure out of your return lines? I would check to be sure it is pumping water effectively. If it is the bearings, they are replaceable and inexpensive if you are a DIY'er.

Medic3 said:
Sounds as if the bearings are worn out. Are you getting good pressure out of your return lines? I would check to be sure it is pumping water effectively. If it is the bearings, they are replaceable and inexpensive if you are a DIY'er.

Update. I will be replacing the pump and multiport valve at the end of this season. The thing is that there is a leak on my multiport valve, and it corroded the pump housing. At this point I think it's just easier to replace the entire pump.

Look around well because they sell for different prices for the same pump. As for the multiport, there is a replaceable gasket under the top. Pop out the screws and replace the gasket, they are cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.