Not sure where to put this question

reklak

Jul 4, 2011
Soooo.... I opened the pool may 1 but like an idiot I turned off the pump because we got rain here in NY for like 3 weeks straight. Anyway, after many shocks later, a power vac, and multiple backwashings, the pool is just about crystal. Chem is as follows, fc 2.5, ph 7.4, alk, 70, salt 3000, cya 50, and ch 100 and temp was 86 (love that heater). I believe my numbers are good.
My issue is that my pressure is about 4.5 at 1500 rpm. At that rpm reading my heater flow is fine and the swg is working. However when the pressure rises to 8 the heater gives the low flo reading and the swg still works, however if I drop my rpm to 1100 the swg gives the no purifying light. At this point I backwash and everything is back to normal. The last 2 years my rpms have been 1100 and the swg is always working, however the heater always needs that 1500.
Since I had so much algae in the pool, can the filter still be getting that blocked with dead algae even though my water is basically clear? I don't remember ever having to backwash the pool during the season because the pressure was always 0 at 1100 rpm, and the pool was always clear and chems perfect.
I know, I went on and on and on.

reklak said:
Since I had so much algae in the pool, can the filter still be getting that blocked with dead algae even though my water is basically clear?
Yes it could be... I would bring your pool back up to your shock level (16 ppm FC) and do an OCLT if you haven't yet.

What is your CC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.