Underwater Light Replacements or Alternatives

May 16, 2013
I'm new to this site and have learned a great deal from reading other posts, but have not seen anything on this particular topic. My pool has two underwater lights that have not worked for the last few years. I had a local pool contractor attempt to replace the bulbs and/or fixtures, but he discovered that the sealed cords would not pull out of the conduit under the pool deck. He indicated that the best time to replace the lights would be whenever we dig up the concrete deck and replace the wiring. That is not happening any time soon. So, I am interested in alternatives to the installed lights and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for aftermarket lights that would allow us to use the pool safely after dark. It's a big pool so the lights would need to be something more than decorative floating lights.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just curious, the wires will not come out from either side? (from light in pool and from power side) What you do is BEFORE you start pulling, you tie tightly the old wire to tge new wire and then simlpy pull through till you have new wire, leave a little slack on light pool side so in future you can rlhave leanght to rest on deck to replace bulbs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.