Spa plaster

tcmdo

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello all,

This is our second season with our new in ground pool. Swg, 36000 gallons with raised spa and spillway. Last year I brushed the pool faithfully twice a day for the first 4 weeks. The finish was very smooth and nice last year. When we opened it this year, the spa plaster has many rough spots, sometimes catching my wife's bathing suit. The pool does not have rough spots. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Todd

JasonLion said:
That sounds like it might be calcium scaling. A spa is more likely to suffer from calcium scaling because higher water temperatures increase the chances of getting calcium scaling.
Thanks for the diagnosis. Appreciate it. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks.
Todd

JasonLion said:
That sounds like it might be calcium scaling. A spa is more likely to suffer from calcium scaling because higher water temperatures increase the chances of getting calcium scaling.

Hello,

Is there a way to get rid of the rough patches? Can I use a wire brush to brush it smooth? Thanks in advance for your help.
Todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.