PSI is lower than past years

Jun 1, 2013
The PSI reads 10 on my gauge. I have always hovered around 14-15 in the past. I read the eyes and there placement might have something to do with this. Is that true? Another person thought it might need more sand in the filter. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome to the forum.

The most common cause of odd pressure readings is a bad gauge. Does yours go to zero when the pump is off?

Pressure will go down if water can't get to the pump or if the pump is dirty. Check that you don't have any air in the pump strainer basket, then shut the pump off and stick your finger into the outlet of the strainer basket housing to see if you've got debris on the impeller.

The gauge goes to zero when the pump is off. I checked the pump and cleaned out near the impellor. My skimmer basket is broken however. Could this have anything to do with it. I picked up a new one at a pool supply and it was too small. What about the eyes and how they're directed. Is that a possible reason for the low pressure?

cscafidi said:
The gauge goes to zero when the pump is off. I checked the pump and cleaned out near the impellor. My skimmer basket is broken however. Could this have anything to do with it. I picked up a new one at a pool supply and it was too small. What about the eyes and how they're directed. Is that a possible reason for the low pressure?
Are there parts of the basket missing? They may have gotten lodged in the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.