I have a 2 pump setup.

Welcome to TFP!

That sounds about right. In almost all cases when you have two pumps, one does general circulation in the pool, and can also be used to heat the spa. While the other runs a separate loop that only powers the spa jets. However, there are other ways it might be setup, though they are rather less likely.

jblizzle said:
Please add a picture of your plumbing setup if you would like further help.

as requested
IMG_20130605_174733_236_zpsffe14983.jpg

IMG_20130605_174800_406_zps5e00e60e.jpg

when i turn the jandy on the left to have spa and pool open from the filter return water does come the tube in the center of the spa and fills it.

the pump i have is a pinnacle 1 1/2 hp. cannibalized it to keep the pool clean as the pool pump was burnt out when we bought the place.

So did you have a question?

Generally, you do not run suction from both the pool and spa. Usually the circulation suction is does only from the pool and the return is set with some to the spa which then spills back into the pool.

jblizzle said:
So did you have a question?

Generally, you do not run suction from both the pool and spa. Usually the circulation suction is does only from the pool and the return is set with some to the spa which then spills back into the pool.

yes i did. the question was could i use the pump i have running now for the pool to circulate water from the spa and spill over into the pool? if i am right, what you just said means i can. right?
also, some advice on what to do with the spa as of right now as well. as you can see it has a layer of sediment..

thanks!

To get spillover, you just have to return more water to the spa that you are sucking out. Just close the suction from the spa and add some return to the spa and it should spill over.

To clean it up, put full suction and return to the spa and brush the dirt into the drain. (or try to vacuum the dirt up is you have one ... might have to be hooked to the pool skimmer though instead of the spa suction).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh yes i didnt plan on having the suction and return going at the same time. sorry about that. and after i vac it out im good to open the return and fill the spa, correct?
i have staining from i guess absolutely no circ for who knows how long on teh spa walls. would a earthstone do the job well? or would i have to go to chemical means? will go snap a pic right now.

Not sure what you mean ... if you do like I said, that spa will NOT drain in the first place.

Rub a trichlor tablet on the stain, if it lightens, it is organic and it will lighten by maintaining elevated FC levels
if not
Rub some vitamin C on the stain, if it lightens, it is metal and you may have to do an AA treatment

newpoolguy352 said:
oh yes i didnt plan on having the suction and return going at the same time. sorry about that. and after i vac it out im good to open the return and fill the spa, correct?
i have staining from i guess absolutely no circ for who knows how long on teh spa walls. would a earthstone do the job well? or would i have to go to chemical means? will go snap a pic right now.

IMG_20130605_183515_666_zps9f6e4e68.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.