Anybody using these 252 LED Ebay bulbs in their pool?

shellsingleton

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2008
Lafayette, LA w/pool in Hot Springs, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Link...
I have an American Products 500W fixture in my pool w/burnt bulb. Thinking of replacing it with one of these. Wondering how it compares to the colorlogics, etc. Trying to figure out if it will be bright enough for my 35x15 pool. The niche is centered along the 35' length so the light only has to go roughly 15' in all directions.
Has anybody seen one? Heard feedback from a purchaser?
Thanks!

I don't have an LED light in the pool, but I have bought a few bright LED nightlights for use in the house. They were awesome when new, but it seems that bright LED technology still has some growing pains. The brightness drops off considerably over time. I've been very disappointed in their performance. :(

Thanks for the input.
I emailed the seller asking what the rated lumens were for the bulb's output and got this back from him:
When we are talking about Lumens it is about talking about the Power LED. We use high light LED for our pool light now. So it is difficult to say the real Lumens for our light, so we use usually Power LED's formula: it is about 40 Lumens for one watt, and our 252LED is about 18watt, so the Lumens for our LED light is about 40*18=720 when all LED is on.
Not sure what this Power LED is that he is referring to, a brand name or generic type of LED. Dogpile didn't help yet but I'm not done.
720 Lumens isn't that bright for a pool light is it? :?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.