considering hard plumbing my system

Vette said:
Not if you are mildly handy.
If you are less than mildly handy such as myself you can always cut multiple times. I hard plumbed in a few hours, be sure to use pvc schedule 40 L fittings instead of DWV (drain waste, curved elbows). I used the DWV curved fittings and later found out they're not rated as sched 40, no problems yet. But eventually I will be re plumbing.

I recently thought about plumbing my waste pipe too, but trenching out would be a lot of work in my situation. I've had to blow off waste water 3 times so far this year. Most years it's around 5/year. Had I known I would want to trench a waste line out when we were trenching the gas line and electrical I would have definitely done it then. It could still be done now, but renting the trencher and all the work involved wouldn't pay off unless I look at it over 10+ years. I've used 2 PVC pipes to connect at the end of my backwash hose and go under the fence so it won't kink and explode. I unscrew these 2 pipes and put away when not in use.

This is what I used:
6133011.JPG

This is what should be used:
5WPA0_AS01

Also -- instead of a PVC ball valve, use one that's made for a pool. Mine already feels like it will crack when I turn the knob, so I've been using a tennis ball in the skimmer to block it instead of closing the valve.

Don't use this:
images

Use this:
2portdivertervalve_600x600.jpg

Consider using flexible PVC pipe as well. I just did so and the job was super easy. Got a good price and fast delivery from flexiblepvc.net

That valve is called a diverter valve amazon link and can be found at just about any pool supply store. Another great thing about them is they come in multiport configurations.

I have found that pvc unions HomeDepot link can be very handy.

The first time I plumbed my AG I tried to make it look pretty, and didnt allow for drainage in the winter months. The first year I was able to keep the lines clear enough they didnt crack, the second year I wasnt so lucky( Im still picking pieces of pvc out of the yard.)

Those valves with the red handles, I have several of them and many have a very small crack in them, pretty disappointed in them.
They may turn out to be trivial and not compromise performance, but they developed within the first season of use.

Sorry I hadn't checked this thread in a few days. The diverter valve is from PoolSupplyWorld. As others have said, most places carry them. I believe the price is around $45.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.