Frogs in pool

Jun 1, 2013
Hi!
I just joined and read the rules but if I do something not quite right, plez let me know. Didn't see anything about the subjects I have questions on so will post them one at a time with different subjects.
A neighbor behind me let his inground pool go 2-3 yrs ago and frogs invaded it. They now have a new colony in my yard and I caught three of them in my pool couple nites ago. Fished them out and put them across fence but next night they were in my pool again so did same thing and turned my pump on auto for 4 hrs. which I don't like to do when I'm sleeping
Is there anything I can do short of covering the pool each eve? If a cover is the answer, any ideas on a lightweight cover, how to secure it and easy way of putting it and taking it off myself?? The cover that came with the pool is too bulky for me to do it myself.
Thank you
Swimalot

14' AGP Intex metal frame pool with 2500 gph pump.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Each morning I fish out an average of 4-5 toads. After a big rain, it'll be 10 toads and a couple of frogs.

I seriously don't have any answer but simply thought my experience might make you feel a bit better!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've had several in my pool over the years and after the wife and kids brought home a couple cats the numbers decreased. I didn't link the decreasing frog numbers to the cats till I started seeing the cats with a frog in it's mouth from time to time. I've never been a cat person but if they keep frogs and lizards out of the pool I'm ok with them. :lol:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can add to the list of unwanted guests but I can definitely add snake,skink and lizard along with frogs.......not to mention all the mole crickets and giant fat spiders.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.