Algae or pollen?

Apr 26, 2013
Ellicott City, MD
I have two things:

(1). I'm getting these little floaters in my pool and I can't twll if they're algae or pollen. I clean the pool daily 95% of the time and scoop them out. Pollen counts here in MD are absurd at the moment.

[attachment=1:6q49nuyx]image.jpg[/attachment:6q49nuyx]
[attachment=2:6q49nuyx]image.jpg[/attachment:6q49nuyx]

(2). Yellow spots around pool and around drain. See pic (will attach another to next post). They don't scrape off with the brush nor do they feel slick. We just bought the house in October and it doesn't appear the old homeowners did a good job with maintenance. But I wanted to get the experts opinion instead of assuming all is ok.

Current test results are below:

FC 6.5-7
CC <.5
Ph - 7.4
TA 100
CH 250-275
CYA 80 (I'm lowering it little by little when toddler allows pool drainage/refill)

Last night, FC was between 5.5 -6 and I added a jug of 121 oz 8.25%. But it's in the 90s today and the sun gets a TON of light. I also drained about an 8th of the pool today vacuuming to waste and back washing.

I recently bought skimmer socks and DE in an attempt to filter better and plan to do an OCLT tonight.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 59
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.