Green cloudy

Jun 1, 2013
Opened a week now. 24 round 13,500 gallon. Needed water at opening so I let dirty water on cover drain into pool after I skimmed solids. Having regrets. Now cloudy green that won't settle. As of yesterday:

CYA-18
TC-3.7
FC-2.9
ALK-89

Phosphorous test was off chart, so I tried that chems for that, but little change. DE filter needs to be cleaned hourly, which inhibits my ability to run the pump continuously overnight or while I'm at work. Was just reading some posts that sounded similar, so just shocked again. Is this the way to go? Do I floc? Grasping for solution at this point. 10-year pool caretaker--never had trouble like this. Any advice appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

No quick fixes but here's what I suggest...

1. Stay out of the pool store. Phosphates are irrelevant to a pool and you are getting "pool stored" when you buy phosphate remover.

Along that same line, the pool store testing is worth exactly what you pay for it....nothing.

2. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School, then read "How to Shock Your Pool". It'll give you an outline of what we teach....taking charge of your own pool and learning how to manage it properly.

If you decide to get on board, you will need one of the suggested test kits in Pool School.

One last thought. Some folks try to blend Pool Store advice with what we teach.....it won't work....you'll end up in the middle and not know which way to turn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.