Need to move light in above ground pool, do I drain?

Jul 17, 2007
I need to remove the light, AquaLuminator, in our above ground pool. Must I drain out the water to get to it? Is there another way not to lose all that water? :shock: We need to completely take it out and reinstall.
I will appreciate your instructions. thanks so much

You just have to be fast. I don't feel that you need to drain, but have everything ready to go. Once out, you could hold a rag over the hole and then remove it to reinstall the light. You aren't dealing with pressure really so it should not be hard.

Thanks Steve for your quick reply. I thought I had read somewhere that plastic wrap (Handi wrap) can be folded several times and use it to help stop the water from the inside too. I will use them both, if the plastic wrap will work.
Don't want to lose my sparkling blue water :wink:

What is it that you need to do exactly? There is a rubber O-ring in there that could use some plumbers grease so you can spin it better. I need to redo mine this year, I left it in over the winter and now I can't turn it.

Attachments

• Pool Quotes - Abreviated.xls
    47 KB · Views: 1
Not exactly sure what has to be done, the hubby put the o ring in the wrong place :oops: now it leaks. just a very small, but very steady stream. He was saying that I had to drain it down before he could work on it. Will we need to plug the skimmer closed too?
I thank you for your help. Hope you have a great weekend.

I have a valve on my skimmer and my return goes hose into hard pipe with a valve on it. You either could close off the skimmer, or else when you take the hose off of the return, if you hold it above the level of the water in the pool, it won't leak out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.