Durable pool floats?

ROTJob

Jun 2, 2011
My wife is making our annual trip today to buy new floats and toys for the pool. We usually end up dropping a few hundred on these over each summer, and I would like to get away from that and buy some durable stuff that will last more than a season.

I am particularly looking for some good quality floating loungers that will hold up for more than 1 season. I am also considering some of the old fashioned rubber innertubes for myself and kids.

Any advice on these? Any that you have personal experience with?

I like the Intex inflatable lounge chair. It is big and difficult to store when inflated, however. It lasted two seasons outside before some animal punctured it with their claws. Closed cell foam floats are good too. They are a little pricy but last longer than inflatables, and are light and thin enough to be easily stored out of direct sun.

I have noticed the loungers with pontoon floats greatly exaggerate the weight capacity of their product! Subtract about 50lbs off the stated capacity and if you're still in range you should be good!

Vinyl covered foam floats are ok, but they still fail after a few years and are expensive, lately I have been buying the Swimways Spring Floats, or Spring Float XL

http://www.amazon.com/Swimways-Spring-F ... ring+float

They tend to hold up for a couple of years before the metal starts wearing through the fabric. I noticed that Academy has started selling these, which could be handy if you have one nearby. Note the XL really is BIG, I am 6 ft 225 pounds and I feel like I am sitting in a BIG chair when floating on one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.