Buying new DE grids?

Oct 2, 2007
DE
Last October I converted to BBB. I was told I would need to replace my grids before using my filter. I decided to deal with that this year when opening.

We are getting ready to open. I want the filter in good working order before we get too far into the process.

I don't want to go to the pool store without knowledge. I have a Hayward DE filter. Do you buy the grids as a group or do you replace them individually? I tried to google and learn about the part to see how much this is going to cost. Can someone direct me? What all do I need to buy?

There are various companies on the Internet that sell filter parts, for example these people. If you can find your specific model, they usually have a nice drawing of the various parts in the filter and often have prices listed for the individual parts. Keep in mind that Internet prices don't include shipping and there is always some risk that the vendor won't ship the thing you actually need. A local store will almost always cost more but if they are any good they can give you a fair bit of help finding exactly the right part and explaining how to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.