Cloudy water due to calcium hypochlorite?

rudy

May 15, 2008
I usually stick with BBB method. However, my pool was really green so I used calcium hypochlorite to kill the algae. That part worked great but now the water is cloudy. The guy at the pool store said it would make the water cloudy. Do I need to add a flocculant to combat the cloudy problem? If so, any recommendations on a particular brand? Thanks!

rudy said:
I usually stick with BBB method. However, my pool was really green so I used calcium hypochlorite to kill the algae. That part worked great but now the water is cloudy. The guy at the pool store said it would make the water cloudy. Do I need to add a flocculant to combat the cloudy problem? If so, any recommendations on a particular brand? Thanks!
If it's calcium cloudiness, it should disappear. More likely all that green stuff is now grey stuff and it will just take time to filter out.

If, as you say, you use the BBB method, how did it turn green? :hammer:

Could you post some test results? You may have only fired the first shots in the war known as The Shock Process. You might want to re-read that article.

pH was a little on the acidic side (6.8) and TA was 60 so I added a little baking soda this morning to adjust both of those issues. This is for an above ground 16x32 pool.

It was green to start with because I only threw a net rather than a cover over it for the winter. I'm late getting it going for the season so .... green!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.