New Pump Replacement

bhuels

Feb 11, 2013
Ok so I turned on my pump last night to check everything and the pump made a god awful sound through sparks everywhere and smoked then went out and wont come back on. guessing that means its done (of course I am having a pool party today out of all times for it to go out). the pool is a 20x40 inground with swg, the current pump was 1.5 HP, single speed made by splapools or something like that. luckily when I bought the home the previous homeowners paid for a home warranty(which has really paid off) which includes the pool. so its only going to cost me $60 to replace the pump. I want a decent pump that is energy efficient, any suggestions on what i should get??

Do you want that pump TODAY, or can you wait ?

If you want it today - what ever the pool store has in stock , about 1SFHP should be fine (not much need for something larger), 2 speed if they have it in stock . You can always just hook up the high speed for today and come back later to get the low speed operational when you have more time.

when we use the home warranty they are sending a pool service company out, don't know if that will be today or tomorrow. but they said they will install what we want and i would pay the difference to the home warranty company if it cost more to get a better pump if they won't pay for it all. So I am just seeing what are some good brands or options to look at, the pool is 28000 gallons forgot to add that in first post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.