24 round pool opening

Jun 23, 2012
Farmington wv
I an need some help on my pool. The pool is a 24 round 48 inch high with a 1.5hp pump on a 300 or 350 lb filter I cant rember i just replaced it last year and the pool was not covered over winter so it was very green. I filled the pool up from winter level on last sunday and started the pump and filter. I got the water tested and started shocking with liquid. It started cleaning up a bit and is very cloudy. Yesterday it was blue but cloudy and I had the the pool shop test the water.
tatal hardness 200
total chrlorine 10
free chlorine 0
ph 7.6
ta 100
cya 30

I told them I could not get the free chlorine to hold as I shocked the night before. They told me that the pool is holding I just dont have free and I should not add any more chlorine untill it comes down a bit. They want me to shock with 3lb of chrlorine free stuff.

If your FC is zero and your TC is 10, that means all your chlorine-----CC------is all the BAD stuff. You need to properly put the pool through the shock process as described in pool school. Consider ordering one of the recommended kits to do it properly. We recommend plain old bleach.

Well at 5 I added 2 gal of 12.5% 2 hours later fc was .5 I added 2 gal of 6% was all I had. I went and got more bleach. At 9 I rechecked and I added 3 more gal of 6%. At 10 I just re checked and was back at 1 In just added 3 more gal of 6%. how much is it going to take to hold?

Most of the time I take it to work and have the operators test it(I work at a mine water treatment plant) or I take it to the pool shop. Now at the house all I have at the moment is some strips. I need to get a good test kit. It looks like it is starting to hold I put some in at 4 and it had not dropped as of 9:23. On more question I backwashed my filter tonight it had some foam in it what would cause that? Thanks

Have you ordered a test kit yet? You really need one to complete the shocking process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I got my test kit today and was trying to use it. The only thing I could get to work right was the ph which was 7.6. I tryed ta I put in over 100 drops and it never turned red just yellow. The cya test I mixed in the little bottle like it said but it was just clear not cloudy at all so I filled the test tube all the way up and could still see the dot.

If you could still see the dot then you need to add stabilizer to the pool. Add to a sock and hang over the return. If you have already done so, check it in a week to see your readings. You want a target of 30-50 of CYA. :goodjob:

Just tested my water (with the k-2006)
FC 7.5
Cc 2
Ph 7.2
Ta 100
Cya about 20 the Dot was almost gone and I was all the way to the top of the test tube.

What would you all recommend? I think I should add more cya and keep shocking.
Also forgot last week I used 3 lb chlorine free shock if that makes any difference.

Just wanted to let everyone know the last few days my pool has made very good improvements. I can clearly see the bottom now but it is not Crystal clear yet. I added 1 cup of DE to my filter and the pressure went up by 1 psi so I hope that speeds things up.

Just tested the water after about 3 inches of rain
FC 6
Cc 1
Ph 7.2
Ta 120
Cya 40
I brought the fc back up to shock level i am also using de in the filter and a sock on the basked. I can see the bottom but can not get it to clear up like I want it. Need some help what should I do now?

From what you've written you have not completed the shock process. Your pool will not clear until it is properly shocked. Bring your FC up to shock level and keep it there. You may need to retest hourly or atleast every couple of hours. While you're waiting to retest read "Pool School", and "The Shock Process".
Keep shocking until...
1. CC is 0.5 or lower;
2. An overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less;
3. And the water is clear.
Read up on it and come back with any questions :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.