Purchased a SQL1072 3/4 HP 2 Speed 115V

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
Purchased a 3/4 HP 2 speed motor today for my pump. It's re-manufactured so the price was right. Looking forward to getting it installed. I'll replace the seal and add a hi/low switch to the cover when it comes in and use my same timer. I'm planning on running it on low. I'll update and let you know how it works out. I'll keep my old motor as a backup. The pay back should be about 2 years (20 months).

Ordered from Digikey a toggle switch SPDT (PN EG4816-ND) for $4.28 (rated for 2 hp) and rubber boot (PN335-1125-ND) for the switch $3.20 with shipping came to $10.28 for a high/low switch for the motor. I'll drill the cover and mount the switch.

Got it installed today.
High 6 psi/52 GPM
Low .5 psi/23 GPM

Increased my pump run time to about 20 hours.

Adjusted the pressure switch on the pool heater. It works on low. SWCG is working no issue.

I'll update tomorrow.

Turned down the pump run time 12 hours on low. SWCG 80%. Pool is in Full Sun. Also adjusted the main drain and the skimmer to fully open. Skimmer action was slow anyways. Figured since heat rises, take from the bottom of the pool.

Only time will tell.

We had a big pool party. About 20 people in the pool, the bottom is cloudy, FC is at 6 and CC is .5. Just waiting for the filter to do it's job.

Here's a picuture of the motor with the switch:
IMG_7979.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.