Intex 14'x 48" pool bulge

May 31, 2013
Just set up the pool on what I thought was level ground. Well after filling it about 75% full i noticed it starting to bulge on one side and the water difference from end to end is about 2". The side its bulging on is leaning hard on one leg. I cant get my finger between the leg and the liner. It seems sturdy but still not sure about it. Is the liner suppose to lean hard on a leg? Did'nt know since its only leaning on one and its only off 2" if I should worry about draining it or not.
2l9t9p0.jpg
zxttfp.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Generally 2" off is more than we would recommend. Did you dig down to level the ground? Did you put pavers under the legs? If not, the out-of-level may keep getting worse.

That is a lot of weight on those legs and it's highly recommended to use pavers to help support them and keep them from sinking into the ground. With your pool being 2" out of level, those post are going to sink even more.

I used 7.5 x 7.5 pieces of 3/4 treated plywood and held them flush with the inside of the plastic foot and screwed them on the outside of the plastic foot to the plywood. That way as the pool fills and the legs move outward as they do the plywood moves with the leg and you don't end up with pavers under your liner or legs that slid off their pavers and it has worked great for me. There is some weight on the legs but not as much as you would imagine.......Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.