Second set of numbers on a new AGP. Advice requested.

Rasman

Feb 24, 2013
Hello TFP Forum. I have a confession to make, I have been a lurker for several months as I went through the decision to buy and install my own AGP. I have learned lots from the great input so freely given by the forum members and I have to say thank you to you all for giving of your time to help newbies like myself!

Following the great advice, I have purchased a TF-100 and have read all the great FAQs on the site (even printed Pool School for my own on the go manual)

I have just taken my second set of numbers after performing a little adjustments and thought I would post to get some feedback to make sure I am going in the right direction. I am assuming that my pool is ~13,000 gallons.

FC - 6.0
TC - 6.0
PH - 7.2
TA - 60
CYA - 20

If I have understood Pool school correctly, I want to get my TC down a little and CYA up. I think I want to follow the following and just wanted verification that I am on the correct path.

Raise CYA
Bring my TA up
Keep PH in the 7.2 to 7.5 area while doing the above.

I hope my stats for my equipment show up in the post, I am using the full BBB method of 8-12.5 liquid.

Thank you in advance for the advice and again I would like to thank all of the experts on this site for helping those of us who enter this field clueless as a newborn.

Welcome to TFP! And thanks for reading up first!

Assuming the water is clear, all I would do is raise the CYA a bit and maintain adequate FC. Leave the TA alone and see how your pH behaves. If you raise the TA that may cause the pH to rise more quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.