Local Pool Store Reagents

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
I was in a corner as some of my reagents got very low, so I decided to go up to the local pool store to see if they had refills, the guy is not bad and runs a pretty good shop, and I figured "How can I get taken on Reagents".

I asked for R-0003.......the guy does a double take and says "No one EVER asks for that stuff". :shock:

Makes me wonder what everyone in this City does for pool testing, although I'm sure I know.

Then I decided, I'm low on on R-0004 so give me some of that as well. Both were 60 ml bottles.

$51.00 :hammer:

Man, I got taken, never again. I can buy them online and get them shipped for half of that, I'm done shopping there, totally ripped me off, I was stunned.

On a side note, I work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) we plot municipal and utilties assets atop ground truthed aerial photos and sat imagery, database kind of stuff. Recently we updated our aerial photography and it was taken when people were in the process of opening pools.
As I pan around the imagery doing work its: green pool, green pool, sort of green pool, brown pool, green pool, green pool.

Maybe I should open a pool company!

I found one store locally that has some. They don't have the stuff to do fas-dpd but I do get cya regents. Its about the same price.

I know what you mean about the aerial photos. Got on google maps and google earth one day. I was surprised at all the green pools around me. Very few were clear. Mine did not even looked like it had water in it other than a shadow on one side.

On a side note, I work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) we plot municipal and utilties assets atop ground truthed aerial photos and sat imagery, database kind of stuff. Recently we updated our aerial photography and it was taken when people were in the process of opening pools.
As I pan around the imagery doing work its: green pool, green pool, sort of green pool, brown pool, green pool, green pool.

Maybe I should open a pool company!

I am in the GIS field too. Are you with a consulting company?

It is amazing how the GIS field has grown in the last few years, I first heard of it 7 or 8 years ago when a good friends wife was getting her Master's in it (She is now finishing up her Phd)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.