Wow! I left the forum on a page and came back and changes!

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
I was on one page and then left to do something. Came back and changed to a different link and WOW a whole new look.

Although - this new change has slowed the navigational scrolling quite a lot. Not thrilled with that.

DrC said:
I like the look and think we should wait to evaluate the features until the change over is completed bySean. I think it is still a work in progress.

I'm not criticizing the look, but then I thought the old look was great, too. I'm just reporting the difference. It's enough to be somewhat irritating or surprising and didn't know if Sean was aware of the issue or whether there was something that could be done about it. I work in IT, we can't take slow. :lol:

I see now, that he has posted and is aware that it is slower scrolling.

Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

I've been wanting a cordless mouse for the laptop anyway. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Personally I don't find it slow. I do however, not like the look of the new posts 'envelopes', as it is truly hard to see the difference. Things like that are very easy to fix by someone who knows how to. Overall, I really like the new look. It is clean, crisp, fresh, and looks up to the times, which seems hard to find in a forum template.

sevver said:
Personally I don't find it slow. I do however, not like the look of the new posts 'envelopes', as it is truly hard to see the difference. Things like that are very easy to fix by someone who knows how to. Overall, I really like the new look. It is clean, crisp, fresh, and looks up to the times, which seems hard to find in a forum template.

I agree with the envelope thingy. Maybe change the color of the "new" envelope for better distiction?

The green reminds me of algae water :oops:

Unfortunatley, those are not things that are easily changed. Just think of the green as an emerald PT finish. ;) I'll suggest the envelope change to the developer, maybe he can make the change on his next version.

Actually, once the new banner is up there, it will break up the green a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SeanB said:
Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it is still slow and jerky since the new look. Even when I click on the scroll bar arrows. I don't have any problems at other forums nor with the old look. I'll check it from work tomorrow - too lazy to hook up my other computer today - rather swim. Hehehehe!

I know you'll find a way to smooth it out.

Buggsw said:
SeanB said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it is still slow and jerky since the new look. Even when I click on the scroll bar arrows. I don't have any problems at other forums nor with the old look. I'll check it from work tomorrow - too lazy to hook up my other computer today - rather swim. Hehehehe!

Is this a Windows 95 machine? :wink:

I have found the site to load slowly as well as the slow scrolling others have mentioned. Possibly the loading issue is because I am still on dial-up...no DSL out here in the sticks. :(
I really liked the original site layout but as a former BBS SYSOP I understand the desire to update, revamp, and make improvements to the site.

No, actually you can't. I've got this one set as a forced default. We have done a lot of mods to this template and rather than try and copy each mod onto each template, we are just going to move forward with the one.

That's why it took me so long to find a template. I wanted to try and find one that would please the greatest number of people.

sevver said:
Buggsw said:
SeanB said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Is this a Windows 95 machine? :wink:

Why no! It's Windows ME, which I just upgraded to from Windows 3.12. hahahahaha! Not really. I'm running XP pro
You are too funny, sevver. You know what's really funny is that Saturday I went to help out a friend of mine with a computer issue at his business. While I was there, he wanted me to add another computer to his network. It was an old HP Windows 98 machine with only 190 Mb of RAM - she spit and sputtered, but she logged on. Couldn't handle running their apps, but hey, whatever, it's all good. :lol:

Sean, This may be something incompatible with your new look and IE or maybe even IE7 only. I am now using Firefox with this site and it scrolls just fine.

With IE7 and the new TFP look, it was horrible and almost unbearable trying to use it. Besides the hurky jerky slow scrolling, some of the links to discussion areas, posts and other links would give an erratic doubleclick sound.

FWIW, the old look was verrrry slow scrolling on my machine. So much so, that I visited this site reluctantly, and if not for the good content,probably wouldn't have ever come back.

The NEW look scrolls just fine. I like it.

Using XP, with older IE 6.0.

Steve who is happy when things get better and he has no reason why

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.