Two weeks still green in nj

May 30, 2013
Two weeks after opening. Ten year pool owner still fighting the good fight. I 25k vinyl with de, tc12, FC 14, ph 8.1, alk 122, ca 112. Maintained high FC-tc for ten days, backwash evey 3-6, hours or when baseline rise hits. Dead alge on steps but still dark at one foot and green. Well water with a salt eater to rid iron. Many vac sessions to waste. ... Thoughts from the panel

Hi, welcome to TFP! What are you using to test the water? The reason I ask is that I see no result for CYA, and your TC is less than your FC which indicates a testing error. TC=FC+CC, so FC cannot be higher than TC.

Your shock level depends upon your CYA level. If you have high levels of CYA your shock level will be higher as well. Based on your information I suspect you have a high CYA level. Please have the water tested and post the results here.

The best tool for clearing your pool is a FAS-DPD test kit. Most stores will not carry this kit but it is easily available online as the Taylor k2006 or the TF 100 from TF testkits. The FAS-DPD test kit will allow you to test higher levels of FC than a standard test kit. Standard kits usually test FC up to 10ppm, the FAS-DPD kits will test FC up to 50ppm or more. Knowing how high to raise your FC is essential to completing the shock process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.