Sometimes does not display salt level

May 30, 2013
When I started up this spring sometimes my T-15 cell would not display salt level unless I increased the percent salt then it would seem to work. Also the water coming out of the jets was cloudy or had small bubbles. It seem to only to be generating salt during this time. Now the "inspect cellI" lite is on. I have cleaned with muratic acid twice. Is his my cell going bad? I just want to make sure it is the cell and not the board. Any suggestions?

John in Ohio

Welcome to TFP.

First a little terminology. The swcg (salt water chlorine generator) doesn't generate salt. It generates chlorine from salt. You add a set ppm of salt to the pool and the swcg generates chlorine based on the output percentage you set.

How old is the cell?
It's normal for the unit not to display a salt reading when it's not generating chlorine. It doesn't generate all the time.

The bubbles or cloudiness is generated when the cell is producing chlorine so it's normal to only see them when the cell is generating.
When you say "would not display salt level unless I increased the percent salt" did you actually add salt or did you just increase the output setting in the unit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.