Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP!!!!

Hi, I am a complete newbie to poolcare. We bought an above ground pool.

We have followed everything to a tee; exact amount of salt in... we run it, clean it, vaccuum it... It's turning green and cloudy and I believe it's b/c it never shows the chlorine level up. The "free" chlorine doesn't register on the strips or the test pool kit (drops). Now... our PH level is high.

How do we verify the chlorine part of our saltwater pump is working? We don't get errors, it shows it's working but we never get a change in chlorine level.

At this point we are highly frustrated!!!!!! :rant:

Thanks,
Shannon

Pro-Series 26 Ft x 52 In Frame Pool Set, which I figured to be about 15,156 gallons/AG/Vinyl
2,000 gallon per hour filter pump/model #: SFS2000 (filter is hooked to side of the pool with a backwash)SKIMMERPLUS® Filter Pump System
Bought and put up in April 2013
Krystal Clear Saltwater System for Above Ground Pools

Re: Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP

Welcome to TFP.

Which drop test kit do you have?
Have you had the salt level tested?
Can you post a full set of test results?

The swg won't overcome and algae outbreak by itself. You need to perform the shock process using bleach. Once you pass the OCLT and get the water clear and balanced then you can determine whether the swg is generating or not. I suspect that it is, but it can't overcome the algae you already have.

What all have you put in the water to this point?

Re: Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

You did not answer any of Bama's questions.

You need to follow the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS with the SWG off. Then determine if it is working.

Use poolcalculator.com to determine how much of each chemical should be added to acheive the desired result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.