May 30, 2008
Fort Gratiot MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,

Just joined and man what a site!! This place has days full of info to read!! Thanks to all that contribute so anyone like me can have and maintain a pool.

Just had a 24 ft round Doughboy installed a few days ago. Had the intex soft side for a few years and figured we used it enough to get the real thing. It is the Desert Spring model with a Silica II filter and a 1hp doughboy pump( paid 3180.00 out the door) and a 180,000 btu Raypak heater, got the heater for cheap too ($450.00 used 3 yrs) and I figured it was overkill but the pool will be hot!. (Side note will it be ok to bury some spaflex tubing to run the heater over to the pool? It will be about 15 ft each way)

Ordered a TF100 also cant wait till it gets here.

Today I went to 2 different pool supplies with the same bottle of test water, they were both almost opposite of each other as to what to sell me chemicals to add to the pool!! LOL So the test kit will be needed for sure!

Also I forgot in my original post I have a Sundance Optima spa. Ive had it for about 5 years now.

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you got a deal on a pool!

You are already way ahead having ordered your TF Test Kit! Congrats!

Sooooo glad you already know about the pool store testing :wink:

We're glad to have you!

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to learn alot here and also be able to help if I can.
I already have spent about 10 hrs reading and learning already, this place is great!!!
Brian