Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

May 30, 2013
Split from post501376.html#p50137
Please start your own threads :wink: Butterfly

I am having similar problems. We have an Intex Sand Filter (2650) - installed our pool and filter new last summer - and the pump is running but there isn't any water being returned to the pool nor is any being "sucked" into the strainer. The filter basket (correct name?) is full of water and I've tried backwashing the pump but the water flows out (well more like gushes out) perfectly clear. My PSI is around 12 (yellow zone). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what??? This is my first summer of re-opening a pool and I'm a little confused. Any ideas?

Thank you for replying, Jason. I ended up unhooking all the hoses, backwashing (the water ran out slower this time until it eventually was just a trickle), and rinsing. Somehow one of those things did the trick because it is now working great! Btw, thanks for the welcome too! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.