floating stairs

Apr 11, 2013
Hi everyone, has anyone else had a problem with their inpool stairs floating? We have gone so far as to trying to weight them down with 5 one gallon jugs of sand. Still they want to move around the pool. Just wondering what others have done to keep their stairs stable? Thanks

My pool came with two velcro closable mesh type bags in which you insert a bag of sand. 100 lbs. total and they still move around a bit. You can fill pvc pipe with concrete or sand and use that too. I drilled several more holes in my wedding cake type stairs to help improve circulation/cut down on any algae problems, and it also helps lessen the effect of them being moved around by the circulating water.

We have also drilled more holes in them as well. Husband has anchored them to the deck and they still float up away from the wall when the grandkids play on them. Really working on his nerves! We gonna work on them some more this weekend. Thanks guys just wanted to see how others have remedied the problem.

I remember that someone on this site remedied their problem by filling pieces of PVC pipe with cement and hanging them underneath their steps, however, I am sure that your 5 jugs of sand would probably be about the same. If the jugs are not holding them down to your liking, perhaps a call to the manufacturer or the store you purchased them would be in order. Good luck. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.