Mud Stain at Bottom of the Pool

May 30, 2013
Hi...I'm new Pool owner...we have been using and maintaining as per pool school successfully. Yesterday..I called landscaping guy...he did spill some mud (backyard mud) in pool...I removed the mus using vacuum and but it left yellowish/brownish spots there. I brushed those but still not able to remove. I tested pH 7.8. Other than lowering pH, what should I do to remove those spots?

Welcome! :wave:
atulgupta5 said:
Hi...I'm new Pool owner...we have been using and maintaining as per pool school successfully. Yesterday..I called landscaping guy...he did spill some mud (backyard mud) in pool...I removed the mus using vacuum and but it left yellowish/brownish spots there. I brushed those but still not able to remove. I tested pH 7.8. Other than lowering pH, what should I do to remove those spots?
Set a puck on the stain for a few minutes and see if it leaves a white circle. If so, it's organic. I'd bump up the FC a couple PPM and see if they don't fade with time. If that has no effect, it might be iron stains. A few cheap, generic Vitamin C tablets set on the stain will leave white spots. Report back and we'll go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.