Installing new pump- Use Quick Disconnects or CPVC Fittings

koozie88

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Newbie here...

I am replacing a Pentair Whisperflo with an Intelliflo VS. Should I buy and use the quick disconnect fittings or stick with the basic CPVC adapter type fitting? I know that the quick disconnect will make removing the pump easier if that becomes necessary, but I have never removed the original pump since it was installed. Plus, the few pool plumbing leaking issues I have had so far have always involved quick disconnect unions. However, if the collective wisdom here is to go with the quick disconnects, I'll spend the bucks for those. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Keith

Re: Installing new pump- Use Quick Disconnects or CPVC Fitti

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Those pumps typically use a male threaded fitting, correct? You can always just install the fitting and the attach all the PVC pipe. The problem comes if the threaded connection leaks. If it does, you could then cut the PVC coming straight out of the pump, fix the threaded fitting and then add a union where you cut the pipe.

I used the Pentair unions directly to the pump for my Superflo ... made things easier.

Thanks Jason!

Maybe I was describing the quick disconnect unions incorrectly. Here is a link to them http://amzn.com/B00AKMV4K8. I was trying to determine if I should go with these or the standard male CPVC "permanent" fittings from Home Depot.

Keith

Either way. If you go with the permanent, you can always cut the pipe and add a regular union in the future if you need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.