need some help with a pump

nikic

May 30, 2013
long island, ny
so we bought the intex 18' round pool last year and the pump that came with it did nothing! my yard is also extremely sunny so the pool ate chlorine like crazy, i need to replace the pump this year so i want to also switch to saltwater and cross my fingers that i dont have the issues i did last year. Im so confused on the type of pump i need and which ones come with the salt water and which ones have a seperate system and also which size filter i actually need to get, and any extras i have to buy along with it, any advice would be appreciated! thanks!

Welcome to tfp, nikic :wave:

We can help you with your swg questions, but I am wondering if you had come to us with your problems maintaining the pool last year, your experience would have been better. Since maintaining a pool with and swg still requires knowledge of pool chemistry, might I suggest that you try it again this year with liquid chlorine/bleach before moving to the swg? We will help either way.

Pool school is a great place to start, the link is always near the top right of each page. Maybe this article is a good one for you to start with: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/types_chlorine_pool

If you do go with a swg now, then I would recommend not getting the pump/filter with the built in swg, since they never fail at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.