Jandy Aquapure 1400 with PureLink, codes 125 and 154

Aug 31, 2010
New Caney, TX 77357
Subject codes are indicated on the PureLink display. I know 125 is "cell needs to be cleaned or replaced". It is clean, so not looking good. The cell is out of warranty, installed about 2 1/2 years ago.

I can't find a code 154 for this equipment. I have a troubleshooting guide with voltages for the various test points, etc. but it is not for the PureLink model that I have. Maybe for an earlier model. I have Flow (per the display) and when the cell is On, the voltage at the cell is 37 VDC (measured by pulling back the power cable just enough to check with volt meter). The sensor went flaky last year and was replaced under warranty.

What else can I do to confirm the problem is the cell before purchasing a new one? Not sure where to verify the exact model number PureLink that I have or where to find the appropriate troubleshooting guide.

Is this the trouble shooting guide that you are using, http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-conte ... Manual.pdf.

I also never heard of code 154.

How often have you needed to clean the cell? What is your average run time and % setting? It seems like an early worn out cell for some reason.

Any chance you have a 3 year warranty? The sensor was replaced under warranty about a year ago, might be worth a call to Jandy. Worse they can say is no warranty, but they might also be able to help you with the 154 code.

ping said:
Is this the trouble shooting guide that you are using, http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-conte ... Manual.pdf.

I also never heard of code 154.

How often have you needed to clean the cell? What is your average run time and % setting? It seems like an early worn out cell for some reason.

Any chance you have a 3 year warranty? The sensor was replaced under warranty about a year ago, might be worth a call to Jandy. Worse they can say is no warranty, but they might also be able to help you with the 154 code.
Yes that's the guide I have.

I cleaned the cell every few months. Have not logged that activity so don't know the exact interval. Average run time is around 12 hours per day. Setting has varied from 80-90% typically depending on the season.

My understanding on the warranty is 2 years after install. Worth a call to them though to double check that and the 154 code.

Thanks.

Something isn't right. 90% x 12hr pump run time means the cell is running 10.8 hrs a day. You shouldn't need to push it that hard on a 20k gallon pool. That particular cell is rated for a 40k gallon pool. I have the same cell on a 33k gallon pool. I run the pump 18 hrs a day with the SWG duty cycle set at 30% currently for 5.4 hours cell on-time per day. With water temp at 83 and ambient air temps in the mid 80s currently, my FC is right at 5.5.

What is your CYA level?

I run mine at 70ppm as recommended here. with the CYA at 40-50ppm as originally set by the PB, I had to run the cell twice as hard (50% duty cycle with the pump on 24hrs) to maintain the same or less FC.

Running the cell that hard over 2.5 years may have just plum wore it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.