Dark teal cloudy pool!

kmhoog

May 30, 2013
CLUELESS!! Please help.

We bought a foreclosed home last October '12 that also had a pool. I don't think the pool had been touched since 2011..

We haven't touched it since we moved in until last Wednesday. (May '13) It has been a week since we started and the water has gradually become more teal.

Last Wednesday our first step was pulling out the sunken cover turning on the pump and pouring in 4 gallons of bleach, letting that stir over night with pump on filter.

Thursday & Friday we used the flat skimmer to remove as much debris as we could from the top.

Saturday morning we added 10lbs of super shock (mixed with water) and let that work until Monday.. (We were on a fishing trip during that time for Memorial Day Weekend)

On Monday we vacuumed but couldn't really make much progress..

Last night, Wednesday.. we bought and used a deep leaf net skimmer and drug it across the bottom only to find LOTS of debris and algae. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS.. I know he had MORE than 30 trips across the bottom..and this leaf skimmer is about 15x20 inches big and the bag was 1/2 full every time with algae!! Then we vacuumed again and the color seemed to changed a tiny bit.

What should our next step be to help with color, clarity and cleanliness.. I've tested the water with a small kit my dad gave me and the Chlorine was at the bottom color and the PH was at the bottom color too. The kit showed I need to "add base"?

**We also have a turtle living in the pool, but can't catch him because we can't see him. We've seen him twice.

ANY HELP?!
Picture shows slow color change in the last week.

Attachments

• IMG_8589.jpg
    IMG_8589.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 50
Welcome to TFP kmhoog! :wave:

It's time to take charge of your pool! The very first step to getting there is to purchase a high quality test kit, such as the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Only after you are able to perform accurate readings will you know exactly what steps to take in order to get your pool back to sparkling blue.

In the mean time, it's time to go to school:

You're going to want to read over as much as you can, and read it again while you're waiting for your kit to arrive. Particularly, spend some time reading The Shock Process so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Good luck, and keep us posted with pictures as you progress!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.