Here in England I use Algaecide any good.

wampa1

Jul 31, 2007
Fareham,England
I know I only have a 12ft by 36in intex pool,with Intex 3kw pool Heater(max 35 degrees C) and Filter pump,4600litres of water) But in the kit you get with the pool is "Algaecide" dose it work or is it just a gimmick?

it says on the label to use 25ml a week. Dosent seem alot... but I have not had any algae.

it containes:

Miristalkonium Chloride and Benzododecinium chloride.(now thats a mouthfull) Made by Clear water Pool Chemicals

or because I live in England its not warm enough for algae?

It may really work BUT If you keep your CL at the right number and all the other numbers where they belong, THAT will keep Algae away, and you dont have to spend more money (for algaecide) for nothing :-D I have not used any algaecide in my pool since I have been doing the BBB method

wampa1 said:
I would love to-do the BBB method but you cant buy Bleach over here. Only the fragranced stuff for toilets

You can't buy bleach? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you sure? Remember Bleach is the same thing as Liquid Chlorine, Clorox (brandname)...that just sounds odd. Why would you not be able to get bleach in England?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.